|Minnesota Winter Zane Avenue|
|Highland Park, Saint Paul|
Tomorrow morning, the snow will start in parts of Western Minnesota and is forecast to spread outwards very rapidly and fall very heavily. The late morning drive will not be pretty as we are expected to receive a constant snowfall rate between 1 to 2 inches per hour.
|Segbwema Blogger in Snow|
The Mild Stuff
A major snowstorm on two of the busiest days of the workweek is bound to be bad, and all we can hope and pray is that the impatient and reckless drivers will pick the next two days to stay at home.
To my Sierra Leone relatives here in Minnesota you know the drill. To those who are just coming from Sierra Leone and have not been here with us for a while, here is the drill.
- Get a small bag of sand, some torchlight, thermal underwear and a small but reliable blanket, in case you get stuck. Have these in your trunk.
- Make sure your cellphone is fully charged before you leave the house and if you have been receiving disconnection notices, call your phone company and beg them for a two day extension.
- Get a small shovel and a flashlight. Have these in your backseat. If your tires are smooth you have till the morning. If you really don't have money to buy new tires the next two days, consider using the bus or light rail.
- Have a trail mix snack, some beef jerky and a bottle or two of water with you.
- Most importantly dont forget your hat, warm socks and snow boots.
- We hope you don't have to use any of these but if you do good luck.
Snow Behind Our House Last Year